This wiki is very old/outdated! Please visit our new wiki yoshi.science instead!
Welcome to the Yoshi's Island Speedrunning Wiki
This is a wiki devoted to speedrunning Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. It contains tricks, glitches, routes, and useful videos for both real-time play and for TASs (Tool-Assisted Speedruns).
Tricks, guides, and glitches
- List of Levels
- Basic Tricks
- Advanced Tricks
- Warp Glitches
- Bonus Avoidance
- Small Time Savers
- List of All Known Glitches
- TAS Tricks (also click HERE for Carl's YI TASing guide)
- Egg Aiming and Egg Shots
- Any% (Glitched) Strategies
- The Null Egg Glitch
The Most Important Page
Full Run Videos
- Any% World Record - 2:43.76 by Davis
- Any% No Null Egg World Record - 1:38:43 by mt76907
- Any% Warpless World Record - 1:43:34 by Kolthor_TheBarbarian
- Any% Warpless Theory TAS (for real-time reference) - 1:41:15
- Any% No Save Corruption Theory TAS (for real-time reference) - 38:11
- 100% Theory TAS (for real-time reference) - 2:23:26
- 100% TAS - 1:59:35
- Any% TAS - 1:33:40
- Speedrun.com Page (Single Segment and Individual Level Records)
- Single Segment Records (Legacy / not up-to-date)
- Individual Level Records (Legacy / not up-to-date)
Game Info & Miscellaneous
- Egg Types
- Yoshi's Island IRC Channel - Come Chat With Us!
- Discord Server
- Category Definitions
New speedrunners should come by our Discord server or IRC channel on irc2.speedrunslive.com #yoshi!
Warning for people using NTSC consoles in PAL regions: Multiple people have had issues with 9V1A (9 watt) power adapters causing crashes, corruptions, and/or permanent cartridge damage. The official Power Adapter (for US NTSC at least) outputs 10V850mA (8.5 watt), keep this in mind when buying a power adapter! More info will be added when we know more.